Description: The article mentions several reasons why belly fat should be reduced. It also lists some of the most effective ways of reducing belly fat.
There are generally two kinds of fat. There’s the fat that’s under your skin, and there’s the visceral fat that’s deep inside you. While you need some visceral fat for cushioning around your organs, too much of it can really be a problem.
First of all, there’s the fact that excessive belly fat is hardly attractive. This can give you problems in your social life, and even in your work. Then it also hinders your mobility as well.
But the most crucial reason why you need to get rid of excess belly fat now is that it makes you a more likely candidate for extremely serious medical conditions. We’re talking about some types of cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and hypertension. Even the risk of Alzheimer’s is increased.
1. Fiber-rich diet. While technically you can’t really target the fat in your belly, when you lose weight it’s common to see your belly fast go first. Just 10 grams of soluble fiber in your daily diet can help. Studies show that people who consume this amount of soluble fiber build up less visceral fat. That’s only half a cup of pinto beans, a cup of green peas, or two small apples.
Other studies also recommend foods that are low on the glycemic index. These include lentils, and beans.
2. Regular cardio exercise. The right exercise will burn off all the excess fat in your body, and that includes your belly fat. Your exercise regimen should be enough for you to perspire, breathe harder, and have a faster heart rate. The minimum amount is about half an hour of moderate walking 5 times a week. To really burn off the fat, you need more vigorous workouts at a greater frequency. Moderate activity for half an hour 3 times a week can low down the amount of visceral fat you gain. But to really get rid of them, you need a lot more.
3. Proper stress management. Everyone feels stress. That’s normal. When you don’t handle stress well, then you have a problem. This will affect your cortisol levels that will affect your sensitivity to insulin. This eventually leads to belly fat.
So stress management is crucial. Also, you can add lots of vitamin C to your diet. The vitamin C helps counteract the changes in cortisol levels when you’re feeling stressed.
4. Enough quality sleep. One study found that people who got 6-7 hours of sleep a night for a five year period gained less visceral fat than those who slept for 5 hours or less or 8 hours and more.
5. Fat-burning supplements. There are several supplements recommended by experts which can help promote the reduction of your belly fat. Green tea, for instance, has many proponents.
There is really not time to wait when your waistline is getting too large for comfort. It’s time for you to act now!